Monday, November 28, 2011

Can't Stop, Won't Stop

Hey guys! I know it's been forever and a day since I've posted an outfit, but I like to blame it on the rain and the fact that it gets dark at 5pm.
I actually thought about not blogging anymore, because I was getting tired of feeling guilty for wearing a sweatshirt and slippers every day. I just wanted to dress however I felt like and not have people expecting anything of me. But then I realized how hard it was for me to start this, and how much it would suck to have to start it up again. And I thought about how awesome you feel when you get a comment from a stranger complimenting your clothes. And I came to the conclusion that the reason I started doing this was because I didn't want to wear a sweatshirt and slippers everyday, and that I was going to stick around. So I decided to get dressed.

 
Top - Mom's
Sweater (underneath) - Forever21
Skirt - TJMaxx
Leggings - Hue via Nordstrom Rack
Booties - TJMaxx
Scarf - Forever21
Bag - Fred Meyer
Earrings - Gifted

Why did you start blogging? And how do you keep the passion alive? Hehe..
Also...
Is this considered color blocking? I never really got that concept.

~V

7 comments:

  1. V,
    You look great! Keep blogging! But don't be too hard on yourself and don't feel guilty about not posting a new outfit every day. Be true to yourself! The truth is, sometimes we need a day off! There is no pressure to explain yourself. The more you focus on your passions and loves the easier it gets. Its when you specifically start blogging for everyone else that its not fun anymore and becomes work. Don't be afraid to stray for a day and talk about other things you love too! Keep it up, you're doing great!

    xx
    Sara

    Sunny Blonde Studio

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your outfit! I also like your blog, I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back and that you didn't give up! The same thing happens to me, too. I'm taking a couple days off from blogging cause schools gotten crazy and it's kind of nice, but I know that I'll be happy jumping right back in to the game.

    Also, do you have heterochromia à la Kate Bosworth? Cause it sure looks like it that close up. So cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone needs a little break from blogging once in a while. Good on you!
    I took a long break during the Christmas holidays last year and I came back and had loads of inspiration to build on :)
    Your blog is lovely! These pictures are so pretty and you have the most GORGEOUS hair ever.

    Would you like to follow eachother?
    xoxo
    Maria
    www.avenuemaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katherine: Yeah my eyes are different colors, if that's what that means. :)

    Maria: Absolutely! I'll check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog! Love the color combination in this outfit (:
    Feel free to have a look at my blog and follow if you like!

    www.fillmewithfashion.com

    Xx

    ReplyDelete