Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tutorial of the Month - September

Hello friends! Since school is coming up super quickly, I wanted to talk about a simple look that I am obsessed with wearing for school.



Last year, I went through a phase of about a month where I would be wearing this like three times a week. It's simple and easy, and it looks so casual and elegant.
Like I already mentioned, this hairstyle is so easy. All you have to do is french braid, but it looks like you spent time on it.
I love that this doesn't require heat, long hair, or even showering! I feel like literally anyone can do this. It would look fine on curly hair, straight hair, all lengths, and even dirty hair. This style is so versatile, which is why I love it so much.
I constantly look for updos that I can use when my hair gets greasy, and this is perfect. I love how creative it seems. It's just a french braid looped and pinned down, but it looks so unique, and it's not something you would see a lot at school. Everyone will be wondering how you did it! This style is also appropriate for all seasons, and can read "beachy", or "Russian goddess", depending on how you execute it. What more can you ask for in a hairstyle? You can dress it up and make it look more elegant and chic, but you can also manipulate it to look very casual for everyday. This is a hairstyle that can go from day to night very easily, which can be important.
 Lastly, I love that Carah advises to wear big earrings when you have your hair up. I hadn't thought about it before, but now I've kind of adopted it. I always think I look like a boy with my hair back, so wearing earrings makes your face look more feminine.
Because this style is so incredibly simple, it didn't need much of an explanation. However, I'm glad that Carah didn't over complicate it and kept is short and sweet.
All in all, I think this is a fun and different style for back to school, and I know I will be wearing it a lot (hopefully not three times a week).

Tips:
Try dutch braiding instead of french braiding for a different effect!
If your hair falls out of braids quickly because you have layers (or just really fine hair), spray the heck out of it with hairspray first. This is how I get my fishtail braids to stay in.
If you don't have bangs, leave the front section of hair out and pin it aside. Incorporating all of your hair in the braid will look a little sharp (not the good sharp).
Make sure you are french braiding flat against your head, or else it will look too messy and could fall out. Remember, you can always loosen it up later.

Anyways,
Thanks carahamelie03 for creating this simple, unique look; and congratulations on being the September Tutorial of the Month!

I hope some of you found this helpful!
~V

No comments:

Post a Comment