Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Make Loud Mistakes


I love this article. I fully believe that life is too short not to wear colorful lipstick. I feel like if I woke up tomorrow and immediately got hit by a bus, one of my big regrets in life was not "raising the bar" so to speak in terms of how I present myself. I would regret every time I played it safe and said "What would everyone think?" Because, in reality, they would think "That girl has guts".
Lucille Ball had the right idea when she said "“I would rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.” And just look at her lips!

28490-lucille_ball_large
Via weheartit
I had a choir teacher a few years ago that always used to say "Make loud mistakes" when it came to our sight-reading, because then he could know where our problems were so we could fix them, as opposed to thinking that everything is perfect when it isn't. I like to think of it as more of a confidence thing, and that you should be confident even in your mistakes.
Whenever I wonder whether something is "too much" or it's not what everyone else is doing, I just think "It's only today. I have all tomorrow to make better mistakes." I also think it's better to be remembered for being bold than playing it safe.
If you know me personally, you'd be a little surprised to hear this come out of my mouth. I'm shy, nervous, and some might say "mousy". But that's why I do this. If I don't have a loud enough voice, I want to at least express myself through my appearence. So I force myself to take all the chances, pull out all the stops, and don't regret it. Heck, I even started a blog.

So if you ever find yourself wondering whether or not to wear something crazy, just do it. At the end of the day, you can always look cuter tomorrow.

~V

No comments:

Post a Comment